It was previously reported that UFC Champion Conor McGregor stormed the Barclays Center last Thursday night along with other members of his team. Early Friday morning, McGregor along with other members of his team were escorted by police to a black vehicle waiting outside for them. McGregor was taken from the 78th Precinct building where he spent the night after his attack on the Barclays Center last Thursday night that caused the cancellation of three planned fights for UFC 223 this coming Saturday night. McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief. He turned himself in to the police and is still expected to go before a judge.
UFC president Dana White told ESPN’s “Get Up” morning program that he won’t be backing up McGregor this time around.
“Normally, yes – I would dive right in and do everything in my power to help one of my guys,” White said. “But not in this situation. He came into the Barclays Center, attacked our fighters, and attacked my staff with a bunch of guys – no. You don’t get my help on this one.”
After posting a bail of $50,000 after being charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief for his actions during Thursday night’s incident at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Conor McGregor is now free to return to Ireland. McGregor is scheduled to return to the U.S. on JUne 14 for another hearing.
McGregor and several other members of his SBG Ireland team reportedly stormed the Barclays Center after a media coverage, causing damage to a vehicle and injuring several fighters. Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg were both forced off the UFC 223 card after being hit with glass from the broken window.
According to MMA Fighting, Bellator fighter Dillon Danis posted the bail for both McGregor and Cian Cowley, who have orders of protection against them in favor of Chiesa, Ozzy Arias, Borg and Ricardo Chico.