AEW VP and challenger for the inaugural TNT Championship Cody Rhodes spoke to the media for 45 minutes Thursday afternoon, talking up Saturday’s Double or Nothing show and other questions about the company.
You can listen to the free audio by clicking below.
Of note, Rhodes wasn’t asked about any of the injuries suffered on last night’s Dynamite. However, he did discuss a few items of note over the 45-minute stretch:
He said 90% of what fans will see at Double or Nothing is what was creatively planned prior to the pandemic.
Per Tony Khan, Cody said the TNT champion won’t be in top 5 rankings for the World title. They don’t know how the new title is going to work, so they aren’t committing to it being a midcard title or anything like that. He claimed to have not even seen the belt yet.
He said their plan is to stay in Jacksonville, FL, for the time being as traveling to different locations right now can add to the risk. He is very excited to work again in front of fans, however.
Their COVID-19 testing is done away from Daily’s Place and wrestlers and staff are tested in separate areas. Even with a positive test, that wouldn’t shut down production.
He said they met Mike Tyson last year in Las Vegas and having someone with an element of prestige to present the belt was the final touch for Saturday’s show.
He said over the next two weeks, he expects some reschedule dates announcements for previously postponed shows. He’s remaining optimistic despite what some experts think about arena shows.
To listen to the audio, click below.
Right click save