The St. Cloud State University wrestling team (6-0, 1-0 NSIC) maintain its number one national ranking in the latest NCAA Division II Wrestling Coaches Association poll that was released on Dec. 28.
Click Here: All Blacks Rugby Jersey
The Huskies tallied 78 points in the poll, while UW-Parkside was ranked second with 72 points and Ashland was third with 69 points.
Individually, the Huskies had eight wrestlers ranked in the poll this week. This group of nationally ranked wrestlers includes the following Huskies:
- Brett Velasquez – ranked #2 at 125 pounds. Velasquez currently owns a 10-1 record for the Huskkies in 2017-18.
- Jarred Oftedahl – ranked #4 at 141 pounds. Oftedahl currently owns a perfect 15-0 record for SCSU this season.
- James Pleski – ranked #5 at 149 pounds. Pleski currently owns a 12-1 record for the Huskies.
- Larry Bomstad – ranked #1 at 157 pounds. Bomstad is undefeated this season with a 13-0 record.
- Travis Holt – ranked #8 at 165 pounds. Holt makes his national poll debut this week with a 12-2 record this year at 165.
- Kolton Eischens – ranked #7 at 174 pounds. Eischens is 17-2 this season for the Huskies.
- Vince Dietz – ranked #9 at 197 pounds. Dietz owns a 14-1 record for SCSU this winter at 197.
- Lawrence Phillips – ranked #10 at 285 pounds. Phillips continues to impress this season with a 14-1 record.
NCAA DII Wrestling Coaches Association Rankings – December 28, 2017
The Huskies will continue their 2017-18 season with a trip to the 2018 NWCA Division II National Duals on Jan. 4-5 in Fort Wayne, Ind. SCSU is the defending NWCA DII National Duals champion after winning top honors at the tournament in 2017. SCSU has enjoyed success at the NWCA DII National Duals with a pair of first place finishes in 2012 and 2013 followed by third-place finishes in 2014 and 2015 and a second place finish in 2016.
View More College News